Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jen Comes To Town!

Between Christmas and New Year's my childhood buddy Jen came to visit Andrew and I for a few days. What a blast! It's a real treat when Jen and I actually get to see each other since she's been living in D.C. for a couple years.



We started out with a little girl spa time at a place called Sanctuary. The experience was in one word "heavenly"! Nothing like a pedicure session to relax and unwind! We were both very pleased with how our feet turned out!



Jen and I also ventured to downtown Minneapolis for part of a day. The skywalk system between buildings is amazing so we were able to stay warm, do a little shopping/exploring and eat lunch at a place called "The Melting Pot" where we had some delicious cheesy fondu!!! I just love how they cook the fondue at a burner in the middle of your table...very neat!



Jen and I also spent some time at Gameworks - an arcade/gaming kind of joint which was fun. Did lots of race car driving!!! Good stuff!



There were lots of great college bowl games going on so we got to take all those in too!! Way to go Badgers and way to go Big Ten...finally this year our conference made a strong showing. Well, that is other than the U of Minnesota (I keep wondering why they even accept invites to bowls with how bad they continually perform...but that's a different story)!

On New Year's Eve, Andrew and I took Jen to our favorite local restaurant (five minutes from home) which makes the most amazing soup we've ever tasted - along with fabulous french and italian food (yummy seafood)! We also spent some time sampling some wine from our wine cellar. We celebrated the ball drop at midnight by sampling some almond flavored champagne from California which was very smooth and tasty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet weekend! Thanks for posting some fun pics of our New Years together. Btw, I'm amazed by the pedicure...still so pretty! :) We definitely have to do girls spa time every time we see each other!

Go Badgers! Lots of love to both of you!