Friday, January 29, 2010

Back from Atlanta

This week I made my annual trek to Atlanta for a poultry trade show. While I was there, I visited the Georgia Aquarium. I LOVE that place; it is amazing. The beluga whales were not there this time (relocated for a while for facility renovations), but there were soo many other amazing animals to see! This year they also had a special shark exhibit that I checked out. It was around 40-50 degrees when I was there and the rain held off until this morning so in all - a good break from the below zero midwest weather! I could tell it had been cold here this week when I started up the durango at the airport this afternoon...she was pretty frozen!





I was pleased that the hotel this year was only a few blocks from the convention center so I could walk there every day instead of having to cab it. The Westin that we stayed at is the tall circular building shown below; got to stay on the 44th floor. Think there are around 73 floors to the hotel. I had a great view of the CNN building, Phillips Arena, Centennial Olympic Park and Georgia Aquarium.






It was a very, very busy week for both Andrew and I so we're looking forward to chillin' this weekend!

No comments: