Thursday, March 18, 2010

St Patty's Day

Hope everyone had a great St Patty's Day yesterday!



I was in St. Paul for a regional poultry trade show. Man was that place hoppin' with lots of irish and wanna-be irish people. I did not get a chance to check out the noon parade but based on the volume of people around, it must be a big draw. In year's past we have celebrated St Patty's with some light beer and green dye. This year, I went the white wine route and added some dye to one of my favorite german rieslings.



I went to my first NHL hockey game this week and watched the MN Wild defeat the Edmonton Oilers 4-2. I don't understand hockey all that well, but it was still a ton of fun. This was part of a customer event for my work. It was certainly an action-oriented, hard hitting and entertaining evening! The Wild play at the Xcel Energy Center in St Paul and that is a pretty new facility. It was beautiful inside, very open design with great views and excellent acoustics. I believe they do a lot of concerts in the facility on off-hockey nights.






Andrew and I are both very excited for March Madness to begin today! We made our picks last night. We're taking tomorrow off to RELAX TOGETHER!!! He and I have both had busy work schedules lately and I have been traveling a fair amount so it'll be nice to sleep in and just watch heaps and heaps of basketball together. We look forward to opening weekend of March Madness each year; we basically think of it as a national holiday of sorts!

On Andrew's chair project, the latest update is that he's waiting for some controls to arrive so he can install those and actually get the chair to drive and move in different directions. Those are currently in transit so Andrew is anxiously awaiting their arrival.

No comments: