Friday, March 12, 2010

One busy, busy week!

We'd like to wish our sister-in-law Karla a very happy birthday!! Hope you have a great day =)

This week got off to a quick start with my sunday departure to Omaha for a swine veterinary meeting. I honestly haven't spent much time in Omaha so wasn't sure what to expect. I stayed at the Hilton Omaha and my meetings took place at that HUGE Quest Center (photo below). The quest center is very nice and modern; the hotel was just kind of odd. It only took the hotel about 4 days to locate a poster that I'd shipped there. Not too on top of things in the shipping department I guess. It was eventually located so that is good news at least. I arrived back home from Omaha on Tuesday afternoon.



If I haven't mentioned it before, Lexus is completely obsessed with boxes. Anytime we bring one home (doesn't matter how big or small) she wants to climb inside.



Other notable news of the week is that I finished reading the Two Towers (lord of the rings book two) tonight. Only had five pages left when I landed home on Tuesday. This book was quite good; love all the detail in the book compared to the movie. Obviously the movie was great, but the book was very enjoyable as well. Next on my reading list is an elephant book that my buddy Megan is letting me borrow; can't wait to get started!

No comments: