Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our Fav's: Movies, TV Shows, Cartoons

Andrew and I have worked up a running list of favorite movies, tv shows and cartoons from our younger years. This is more of an ever-evolving list as I'm sure we've neglected to include a few that should be here. Hope you enjoy this trip through memory lane!

Movies:
Goonies, Willow, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Princess Bride, Real Genius, Romancing the Stone, Babes in Toyland

Movie Series:
Star Wars (original three), Indiana Jones, Beverly HIlls Cop, Police Academy, Lethal Weapon, Rocky and Rambo

TV Shows:
Mr Belvidere, Growing Pains, Family Matters, Three's Company, Benson and MacGyver

Cartoons:
Smurfs, Gummi Bears, Tale Spin, HeMen, Scoobie Doo, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Ducktales, Thunder Cats, Dark Wing Duck

Ok, now that you've seen our list, it is time to provide your input. What shows and movies do you remember from your youth that you're particularly fond of? We want to hear from you so please share your thoughts!!!

3 comments:

The Portas said...

I have a few repeats in here...

Movies -- Lost Boys, Goonies, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, Beetlejuice, Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, Breakfast Club, Lucas (I LOVED this movie and watched it a million times because my love Corey Haim was in it)

TV -- Silver Spoons, Alf, Webster, Full House, Tool Time, Growing Pains, Family Ties, Cosby Show, Gilligan's Island, Addams Family, Munsters

Cartoons -- The Snorks, Smurfs, Care Bears, Flintstones, Popeye, Scooby Doo

Fun! I could go on forever!

The Portas said...

Almost forgot BIG. I loved that movie!

Jon said...

Great thread. These are all from my pre-teen era...

Movies:
Wizard of Oz, Willy Wonka, anything by Jerry Lewis, Chitty Bang Bang

Movie Series:
Star Wars (action figures). That was pretty much it for my generation.

TV Shows:
Dukes of Hazzard, Magnum PI, Waltons, Gong Show, Muppet Show

Cartoons:
Fat Albert, Bugs Bunny Show, Captain Caveman, Scooby Doo (Rooby Rooby Roo!)

I'm sure I'll think of more, now that you got me thinking about it.

Jon