Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend Recap

It has been great to be back home this weekend. We got the rental car returned this morning and have been keeping it pretty low key today. Watching the packers and getting caught up on stuff around the house/yard. It is a beautiful fall weekend; tree colors they are a changing!

Running time has been down a bit this month since i had a nasty cold/sickness the first couple weeks. Still managed to get 27+ miles logged this month which felt good...and I'm getting faster! Yesterday I had my first 5K normal neighborhood loop run in the 26 minute range (26:43). Before that, the fastest 5K i've done on that loop has been around 27:20. Think the fact I've been doing some treadmill running during recent work travels has helped me pick up the pace. I was really rocking the treadmill on Thursday night with a 26:04 5K run. Definitely felt the burn after that one! Am looking forward to doing another 5K (turkey trot) run in November with my old college roomie Sarv!!

Giving a happy 23rd wedding anniversary shout out to Andrew's sister Lee and her hubby Jon! Congrats guys =) Guess that means Andrew was 8 years old when you guys were married?! Good stuff!!

1 comment:

Lee said...

That sounds about right about Andy's being 8.:) Thanks for the anniversay wishes. We had a nice weekend.

Envious on all the running you are getting in and happy for you too. :) Keep up the great work!