Saturday, October 2, 2010

Week in Madison

I was in Madison most of the past week for work travels to attend World Dairy Expo. This is an annual event on the work schedule. It was a beautiful time to be in Madison; nice fall weather and the leaves are all changing colors which made for some beautiful scenery on my drive home friday afternoon.

It is always a bit of a homecoming week each year when I go to the show. A busy, hectic week of meetings...but I also get to see lots of friends and family while I'm there. My sister Renee was also in town for the show so we enjoyed seeing our parents for lunch on Wednesday and having dinner with my younger brother and his girlfriend Deborah. Discovered that east african food is delicious! We ate at Buraka on State Street on Thursday night. Very tasty! Renee and I also got to stop by the Memorial Union Terrace for a bit one night which was awesome!

Also, my buddy Nancy and her two beautiful daughters met me at dairy expo one day for lunch and a walk about the grounds to see some cows and heifers. This is another annual tradition which Nancy and I always look forward to. Below is Nancy, Sydney (4) and Savannah (newbie).





I am always amazed by all the people I run into at the show; if you don't see them the rest of the year this is usually the one place you'll see them (old co-workers, industry friends, etc.). I also enjoyed catching up with my buddy Christina who just moved to New Jersey for her new job earlier this summer; awesome that her booth was right next to mine!

Got back home around 5:30 on Friday night. Felt great to be back home and see Andrew! We decided to have dinner at our favorite local restaurant (Suzette's) last evening. They had shrimp bisque soup on the menu along with a couple of our favorite entrees. A great weekend (other than the poor performance by the Badger Football team today; but we're not going to talk about that =)

No comments: