Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good Eats In California

We had some DELICIOUS food during our California trip. We spent our anniversary in Ventura (right along the coast). If you look at the picture below, you can see the Crown Plaza hotel we stayed at. There was a great seafood joint right on the pier so we ate there the first day we arrived. Check out the yummy albacore I had for dinner. For some reason, I always find it fun to take pictures of food consumed during vacation. And yes, this was quite tasty; I love that the dish had a little kick to it!









For our anniversary dinner, we ate at the restaurant in our hotel; think we were the only people in the restaurant since it was a monday night and we ate pretty early. Steak was on the menu and both Andrew and I really enjoyed our meals. I tried out a pinot noir (red wine) from Sonoma that was awesome AND the waiter gave me a free glass since he forgot to give us mushrooms with our steaks!



We had a great seafood salad and clam chowder soup lunch at the marina area in Ventura. Check out the pictures below. This was such a cute place; we had lots of places to walk around and it was about a 30 second drive from this marina to the beach!!!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really yummy looking food! I love sea food too. Glad you had a great time