Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hard Rock Cafe - Atlanta



Work travels took me to Atlanta in January (as usual!) to attend a poultry trade show. It was not particularly warm there, considering it is Georgia and all! The first day was especially rainy and foggy, as you can see in the photo below. Couldn't even see the top of the hotel I was staying at (Westin Peachtree Plaza - tall, round building in background). The trade show is right in downtown so each morning I walked through the Olympic Park area (also shown below), which is a pretty cool feature of the city! Water shoots up out of the rings to match the music that is being played. Also right down in that same area is the CNN Center, The Georgia Aquarium (which rocks if you are into aquariums!), and lots of other attractions.



The Hard Rock Cafe was located only a block from my hotel so I ate dinner there one night. Of course chicken was on the menu, given I was attending a poultry show. I'm a bit obsessed with pineapple in food so I ended up ordering this yummy chicken and pineapple entree, along with a side of delicious mac and cheese! Washed the whole thing down with a sangria; love those drinks! The fruit in them is just too much fun!







I also ate at "The Sundial Restaurant" which is located at the top floor of the Westin Peachtree hotel. It is a revolving restaurant. If you've never eaten at one; they're actually kind of a trip! This was my first time eating at this restaurant. Only other revolving one I've been to before was in downtown St. Louis last summer. It's a pretty cool way to see the city sights while also eating some good food!

No comments: