Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dental denial

As many of you know, the last place I want to be is in a dental office. Lots of dental trauma in my past...but that's another blog post entirely =)

One of my new year's resolutions was to stop avoiding the dentist and get things on that front up to speed. My previous dentist in the area retired a while ago and I just hadn't gotten around to dealing with finding a new one. Well, in mid-January (before my circus travel schedule started up) I found a new dentist close to my work and got my initial consult done (xrays, initial eval, etc.).

Today was my first appointment to work on getting things cleaned and fixed up. I am happy to report that things seem to have gone well with today's visit. It is at least a step in the right direction! I forgot how strange of a feeling it is when they numb half your mouth. Very strange how your chin and half of your nose also go wonky...looking forward to gaining feeling back in the left side of my face later tonight =)

No comments: