Last fall a wine shop opened up right next to Andrew's work. Today we decided to swing by since I hadn't been there to check it out yet. They have a really nice wine selection! We ended up picking up a few bottles to add to our wine cellar. Look forward to sampling some in the months ahead!
Apparently on Thursday, Friday and Saturday they do wine samples. Today they were sampling red wines from a label called Hook and Ladder (from Sonoma, California). Sampled a tiny sip of the 2009 Pinot Noir first (which was good; I'm a big fan of Pinot Noir)...and then a tiny sip of the 2007 Merlot. The guy serving up the samples was correct - the Merlot was even better than the Pinot Noir! So, we brought one of the Merlot bottles home to be part of our cellar.
We both got a chuckle out of the fact that I didn't get carded to partake in the wine sampling; however, both of us had to show our IDs at checkout...very interesting?!
No comments:
Post a Comment