Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tools of the trade!

When trying to achieve a goal, it is important to use the right tools to help you reach your goal. This winter, my exercise goals are focused around strength training and building a more solid core. Brute strength has never been my thing; I'm much more of a cardio kind of gal, which is why the running thing last summer/fall worked out so great. However, if I'm going to be couped up inside this winter exercising, I decided to put that time to good use and get stronger!

My buddy Dr. Jen recommended a great strength and cardio video last fall which I've been using for more than a month now called "30 Day Shred" with Jillian Michaels (yes, that touch chick from the biggest loser tv show).



I am finding this deal to be tough, intense, challenging and a real winner. There are three levels (different workouts) with all of them having a strength, cardio and abs circuit sequence in them. If you're looking for a good workout program for the winter; give this one a whirl!

This video also allows me to put my 5 lb weights to use which is actually pretty fun (and makes the workouts more intense!).

No comments: