Saturday, January 8, 2011

New bites!

Brazilian steakhouse = overstuffed, carnivore awesomeness!

We stayed at the Mirage hotel during our most recent trip to Las Vegas. There's a restaurant there called Samba which is a brazilian steakhouse. I've only eaten at this kind of restaurant one time; while Andrew never had eaten at one. So, we headed there to dinner the first night. The basic premise is you get to try many, many different types of meats. A guy wanders around the restaurant bringing you different samples to try out. It is key to go into this with an empty stomach! You see a red and green wooden deal in the photo below. This is on your table while you're eating and you keep the green side up to indicate you want them to keep bringing you more food. If you need them to slow down or stop bringing you more stuff, you flip it over to red. Love it!



Tapas = tasty spanish goodness!

On Thursday night this week, I was in downtown Minneapolis to do dinner with our agency friends who were in town for our planning meetings. We went to a restaurant called Solara which is spanish themed and serves tapas in kind of a family style serving method. This was my first time at this tapas type of restaurant. Wow, let me tell you...this place was great; the food rocked! I highly recommend it as you also get to sample lots of different types of things including paella (which was superb), lamb meatballs (which were amazing), beef shortribs, rabbit (which was actually fairly interesting), octopus cheveche, steamed clams and fried cauliflower.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Haha...I had to laugh when I saw the red/green thing. Be funny to have one of those around our house...would let me know if I fed my family well enough..ummm, no better not. They might turn me into a slave of their eating desires :).