Friday, August 13, 2010

Stormy night!

Our weather last night wasn't as crazy as the stuff at my parents house on Monday...but intense none the less! The heat index was super high yesterday so hence a very unstable atmosphere. First round of storms came through around 7:30/8pm. Then from about 1-4 am, lots of rain, thunder, lightinging chaos. Lost power during one of the later rounds and it still hadn't come back on by the time we left for work this morning.

I was able to power through a 5K run last night in the heat (9:12/mile splits) but I have to say that it was really intense. Andrew and I are both starting to get excited about the upcoming Milk Run 5K we're doing at the MN State Fair at the end of the month. Should be a good time!

Happy Friday the 13th to all! Hope everyone takes in some scary movies in honor of the occasion! We're not exactly sure what we're up to this weekend, but hopefully will fit a thriller flick into it sometime. Watched a fun movie earlier in the week called Date Night (Tina Fey from SNL; Steve Carrell from The Office); it was silly, funny and we though it was good humor! In other TV related news, we finished watching Season 2 of Macgyver yesterday; what a great series! Brings us back to our youth =) I've also been into watching a show called "Bones" through netflix. It's about a forensic anthropologist; just finished season 1 recently as well.

No comments: