Sunday, August 29, 2010

5K Race!

Andrew and I woke up bright and early this morning to participate in the 5K Milk Run at the MN State Fair in St. Paul. It was a beautiful morning for a run. Several of my co-workers and their kids also signed up so was fun to see some of them there too.

Andrew survived the race OK, which is good since he didn't do any training. WAY early in the summer I got him to agree to sign up for the race with me. I'm proud of him for huffing through the race! We both got a free t-shirt with the race entry fee as well as admission to the fair (just had to pay for parking). After the race, we cruised through the fair getting some of our staple fair food loaded into our bellies (free chocolate malt from Gopher Dairy Stand and corn on the cob). We're taking it easy here the rest of the day!





No comments: