Sunday, November 14, 2010

Road vs. treadmill

There are definitely some pros and cons of running outside on the road vs running inside on a treadmill. I am a road runner most of the time, except when I am out of town traveling for work. Then the hotel treadmill is my best option. You can definitely run a more consistent, faster run on treadmills, but I always find that my running gait is a bit different. I really do enjoy the outdoor running experience more, but for a good exercise burn the treadmill does serve its purpose!

I was able to get a couple good runs in at the hotel gym this week while traveling. One 5K at 27:27 and the second 5K at 26:00. That second run was really intense! Have not done one that fast before. I have done a 6:43 run outside before...but 26 minutes flat was a new record!

I was really looking forward to doing the turkey trot race in Chaska yesterday with Sarv, but that was just not in the cards. I like running, but am just not going to do that in the middle of a blizard! Made up for it this afternoon with a nice 10K run in the neighborhood. It was a bit brisk but quite refreshing.

We finally swapped around a bunch of the photos in our frames at our house this past week. Andrew did a great job getting all the frames reorganized and hung on the walls while I was traveling this week.

I'm giving an early shout out to my sister Rae Dawn. Happy birthday tomorrow! You are a rockstar mom to your girls and an awesome sister. Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Rae Dawn Rao said...

Sure did! Fun reading your blog...don't get on here often enough! Have fun cooking the bird again! RD