Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend Update

What a fun weekend at the house of Pick! Seemed to fly by WAY too quickly, but we had lots of fun.

We've been commuting together a lot in July which worked out well (and saved us a bunch of gas $$$). Durango needed some repairs so we had one of our neighbors do the work. The turn around time wasn't the fastest, but he did a good job and we saved a lot of labor costs on the work. Feels great to have new breaks, working sensors and other various "upgrades"! Not sure she will be with us another winter or not...but for now the repairs seem to have done their job.

I reached a couple milestones this past week on the running scene. Got my longest run (ever) in on Thursday night; 5.5 miles around the neighborhood in under 55 minutes. Then today, I did a 5K around the neighborhood and did all 3 splits at the under 9 minute/mile rate so that feels great. Previous to this, my fastest splits were more in the 9:30 range so a pretty decent improvement. The long run on Thursday proved to me that I had plenty of fuel in the tank, just needed to find that extra gear to move faster!

I have an Ag Media Summit meeting going on in St. Paul the next couple days. Excited to see some folks I haven't seen in a while. Also Andrew and I are getting prepped for the upcoming trip to Dallas. Will be lots of fun to catch up with all the Picks! We're looking forward to meeting Lucas' bride-to-be!

No comments: