Saturday, July 3, 2010

Around The Yard

Andrew and I were off of work yesterday (Andrew's work had it as a holiday day so I took a vacation day) - it was a great day! We did our normal weekend coffee walk in the morning and then did some errands while we were out. When we got back home, it was all about the yard. Got the lawn mowed, shrubs trimmed, lawn treated etc. Feels great to get caught up on that stuff!

We've had a rainy May/June and here's the proof. Yesterday during our walk, the river was VERY HIGH. There are about four different flood warnings in the area - definitely a different situation than the drought weather we've had in the past few summers. We still think it is a bit strange to have green grass in our yard in July. Typically by now, the lawn is brown/yellow and crunchy. Think the water is supposed to crest tomorrow. We're lucky to have super sandy soils in our town (about 20 minutes from where these photos were taken) so we're not experiencing any flooding action.





1 comment:

jp said...

Wow! Quite the flooding. Neat pictures on here. I love looking at them.
It's nice, too, to see Joe's baby doing so well. She was on our churches prayer chain. It's scary when a baby goes through surgery. Lucas had surgery when he was 2 mos. old. I hated handing him over to the surgeon at the time - but all went well.