Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Recent happenings

I've been drinking lots of tea this week - delicious! I'm finding it to be very warm and calming =)



My computer woes at work continue. Finally today I swapped my old, non-functioning laptop at work for a temporary one so am cautiously optimistic that the temp one will work well until my normal one is either repaired or replaced. Yesterday, my old laptop started refusing to even launch outlook or internet explorer!! I decided humor was the best approach with the whole deal. I tried very hard to just smile and laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation. Quite classic!

We got to spend some time with our good buddies the Porta's last weekend to celebrate Elijah's 3rd birthday!! They got him the cutest Thomas the Train cake EVER!!! It's crazy how quickly little ones grow up! The rest of our weekend was filled with lots of house cleaning (which feels great to have done), running (for me), chair building (for Andrew) and watching some olympics. I will post some updated chair pics soon (along with some commentary from Andrew about his "master plan" for it)!! I'm amazed by his creativity and engineering skills!

2 comments:

jp said...

Is this a tea making machine?

ThePicks said...

Not exactly. It's a Keurig single serve coffee maker but it also heats up water very nicely. I can push a button and it'll dispense a cup of hot water and then I can just let the tea bag soak a bit and off I go. Since we don't have a tea kettle - this is a much better alternative than the microwave method I previously used!