Last monday, I finally bit the bullet and had the dental implant placed in my mouth. This involved drilling a metal post into my jaw bone and packing the area surrounding it with some membrane and bone grafting material and then stitching me back up and sending me home. Finally by thursday, the pain and swelling started to subside and hopefully that all heals up well so in three months my mouth will be ready for the final stage of the process (adding an abutment and placing the crown/tooth).
Given my strong disdain for everyone in the dental field, I will be sooo happy when this whole thing is over. I've been wearing this flipper thing in my mouth for three years now so it is definitely time for a change - just wish the process of getting this new tooth wasn't such a pain...
-Ronda
1 comment:
:( Yucky. It's so good to have this part behind you, though. I share your disdain for the dental field and I know how good it feels to get the work over with.
Pooey dentists!!
Post a Comment